Interesting project

Jan 22, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Hey Mikkel

Sounds like an interesting project that would provide great value to real world projects. I've bought a copy of the book and I'll take a look at your code. 

Martin (former colleague at CAP)

Jan 22, 2011 at 11:58 PM

I agree, looks like a great way to genericise  this kind of problem, which people come across all the time. 

It is especially useful if you can't set up a disconnected architecture using Messaging patterns (although you could still use it in your messaging integration implementation :-)).

Keep it going, would like to see StructureMap integration as an IoC if you are still doing new ones :-)

Ed from JAOO

Coordinator
Jan 26, 2011 at 9:12 PM

Hi Martin :-)

I hope you will enjoy the book, and that it will inspire you to build robustness into your systems.

Michael Nygard is also a great speaker, by the way.

Please let me know, if there are any improvements you would like to see in Sapit.

Oh, and consider showing up at Community Day 2011 (http://communityday11.cloudapp.net/CD2011.aspx), I will be giving a talk on Sapit and the problems Sapit can help you solve :-)

Mikkel

Coordinator
Jan 26, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Hi Ed :-)

Yes, there are different kinds of patterrns, that might help you make inherently more robust integrations, but in many cases, this is just not possible - just think about file system access, database access, FTP, ...

In cases like those, you are forced to handle exceptions and wrap your external calls in all kinds of stability and robustness code - and that's where Sapit comes into play :-)

I will definetely add the StructureMap IoC to Sapit, hopefully already this week!

Mikkel